Please take this 15-minute survey about FAC products to help us improve our forecast products. Thank you!
Update from GTSR Avalanche Forecasting Program:
- Spring mixed bag of weather today with up to S2 snowfall and a variety of sky conditions
- Temps stayed below freezing all day with constant light SW winds
- The weekend storm laid ~10cm of new snow at 6k' that was well bonded to the damp old snow surface below it
- Observed no new avalanches today, but did observe one fresh natural avalanche from this weekend in 54-3 (D1.5 - unsure of start zone)
- Brief solar input around 13:00 triggers widespread small rollerballs in the surface snow
- Quick pit at 6300' - SW aspect - 27 deg slope - at 13:00 - HS 270cm
Certainly felt a whole lot more like winter out there today than it did last week!
Forecast Hotline: 406.257.8402
Call or text an observation: 406.66AVYOB