Companion Rescue Clinic - Skiers and Snowboarders (non motorized)
Join us for an 8 hour rescue clinic put on through Flathead Valley Community College. This Course will take place at Whitefish Mountain Resort and will be in the field the entire time. Expect outside lectures, combined with hands on training. You will need your own rescue equipment...shovel, probe, beacon.
In this course you will learn to:
• Wear & operate an avalanche beacon.
• Properly carry and assemble an avalanche shovel and probe.
• Effective probing and shoveling strategies.
• Perform a mock companion rescue (pinpoint, probe, fully extricate an object) in simple terrain in less than 5 minutes.
• Know how to practice these skills frequently and maintain rescue equipment.